|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs
An industry-leading tech company
At Zendesk, we geek out about building software that delivers the ultimate customer experience. Your favorite brands (like Airbnb, Uber, Slack, and Disney) use our products to engage you as a customer, and we lead the industry with beautifully simple software. And we’re constantly innovating - no really, we can’t wait to outdo ourselves in the near future.
What you’ll do
You will work with team engineers to create innovative software on a large, rapidly growing and successful application focused on Analytics - Explore. Aside from building the Explore product, our team serves data pipelines to all other Zendesk product teams, so there will be plenty of opportunities to work with scale.
- You will ensure technical direction and alignment for our teams with the rest of the engineering organisation.
- You will provide key input on the technical roadmaps, identifying components, possible issues, and solutions.
- You will help teams break larger initiatives into components and deliver them iteratively.
- You will stay up-to-date with innovations and changes in the industry and within Zendesk and make pragmatic recommendations on their applicability to our problem space.
- You will collaborate with our Operations, Security, and Product Management teams to ensure we produce, deliver and operate high-quality products that exceed expectations.
A Product-centric team
Zendesk values the diversity of opinions and experience, and we cultivate a culture of openness and visibility. We have an international organisation of engineers with backgrounds in tech, health care, criminal justice, finance, and more. They’re brilliant, supportive, and collaborative. We help each other out with best practices, tips, and strategies for success. From day one, your input will be valued, your skills brought to bear, and your personal style celebrated.
Your manager, Pierre-Alain Bouchard (Linkedin, Plato), will be there to provide guidance, feedback, and support. He is not into micromanagement, so expect independence in your work and be willing to let him know when you need help. He’ll help you explore career growth options and paint a picture of what success can look like for you at Zendesk.
What you need to succeed
We’ve found that experiences designing and defining architectures for complex data pipelines, and analytics products are the most common predictors for a successful Principal Engineer at Zendesk.
- You understand how large scale SaaS services and products are being designed, with a particular focus on data pipelines and data products.
- You are a phenomenal facilitator able to build links between teams and people, and you communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- You understand the need for global architecture directions and how to drive software designs and architecture discussions to align them with the Product teams implementations.
- You are familiar with some of the technologies used to build data analytics platforms and highly scalable products, eg. Scala, Java, HDFS and with AWS services and infrastructure.
That said, if your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can have an impact on that role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Not your average tech company
Zendesk has all the stuff you’d expect from a tech company - competitive pay, stock, benefits, beautiful office, snacks, and more. We also have a culture deeply dedicated to helping our staff keep a proper work-life balance, from flexible hours to remote work, to the most forward-thinking parental leave plans on the market. Our Corporate Social Responsibility team is actively engaged in our community and enable us to invest thousands of hours with local community groups each year. We invest in diversity and inclusion so that our staff reflects the diversity of the world around us. We have a whole crew dedicated to ensuring our workplace experience is top notch and welcoming for all.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs