|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
As a Fullstack Engineer in our team Kino, you will build creative tools for our customers who depend on our image and video templates, asset library and creative performance insights in automating and scaling their advertising.
Kino is at the core of our product offering
Our templating tools are a flagship feature of the Smartly.io app, including a video editor written in TypeScript/React/Redux and a Node.js rendering backend. During peak hours, our image template rendering backend renders up to 18 Gb of images per second on over 600 servers.
In the near future, we are looking to kickstart developing creative insights as a part of the tool, focusing on analysing how our customers' creatives are performing as well as giving them actionable insights.
We work with technologies like TypeScript, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, React, Redux and Styled Components.
Do you want to learn more about what kind of challenges Kino is tackling? Take a look at
Also see How Engineers work at Smartly.io.
As a Fullstack Engineer you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web platform for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code both in frontend and backend.
- Design, build and operate scalable microservices running on Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in building solid REST APIs in Node.js.
- Fluency with modern frontend development tools like TypeScript, React/Redux or Angular.
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
- Bonus points for Ruby on Rails experience (our asset library backend is written in Ruby on Rails).
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Little legacy code, instead a focus on building new products and features that form the spearhead of our company.
- Interesting challenges, such as scaling our rendering pipeline and investigating obscure Chromium bugs.
- If you’re interested in working closely with customers, you’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Support with possible relocation to Helsinki.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Our recruitment process
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
- Technical interview:we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
- Final interview with the Team Lead and our Engineering Director.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs