|Date Posted||October 6, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Do you Have What it Takes to Help Improve Our Bottom Line?
FHLB Dallas is looking for a strategy-oriented problem-solver to work in our Tactical Solutions department, in the Banking Operations division. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to devising ways to make processes more efficient in areas of both front-office businesses as well as internal functions. If you are driven by results through technical practices and solutions, we want to hear from you!
Who Are We?
FHLB Dallas is a cooperatively owned wholesale bank that provides low-cost funding and access to credit to support the lending activities of our members, which consist of banks, credit unions, insurance companies and other financial institutions. In simplest terms, we are a bank for financial institutions.
What Are We Seeking?
The Senior Solutions Developer will need to be precise, self-driven and have a sense of urgency, working with other departments as needed to manage projects. He or she will be responsible for establishing scalable processes, reporting metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), while finding innovative ways to impact our members.
We Want Someone Who Will:
Perform vendor analysis and propose solutions for vendors
- Take part in the enterprise data warehouse strategy and offer inputs
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, working with various business units to get buy-in, and then designing and building them where applicable
- Help streamline processes while maintaining and enhancing the Bank’s CRM solutions
- Analyze projects and design specifications for less experienced internal and third-party team members to execute
- Work with other departments to upgrade existing reports to use Power BI and SSRS
- Work with business units to design and develop new reports and dashboards as needed
- Design, report and monitor workflow automation solutions using Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and other platforms
- Help with digitization strategy for the bank and implement potential document management solutions (ie. Docusign, OnBase, etc)
- Build Representational State Transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) interfaces to work with software vendor services and third-party data providers
Qualifications To be considered for the Senior Solutions Developer, you must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field (required). A master’s degree is preferred, or working towards a MBA, CFA or similar
- Have 10 to 12 years of hands-on experience as a developer, building systems particularly in the areas of business intelligence and finance
- Have ideally, 5+ years of experience in banking or financial services
- Have ideally, 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring team members
- Have strong experience in SQL Server database design, stored procedures, querying and performance tuning
- Have strong experience in developing solutions with C#, VBA, Excel, MS-Access or similar tools
- Have strong experience in consuming REST API and SOAP services
- 40 hours a week
- A written reference is appreciated though not required
- Experience working in the finance industry preferred
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs