|Location||Lisburn, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2019|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Camlin Technologies is looking for software developers to join its market-leading design teams. The successful applicant can expect to join a growing development team. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
The Java / Web application developer will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology. Responsibilities include:
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Developing scripts to automate and streamline development activities
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
• Understanding the product and domain in order to write technical specifications
• Delivering code as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Configuring and maintaining release and deployment environments
• Participating in manual end to end system QA testing
• Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Competent in object oriented design using Java
• Experience with JUnit and associated libraries (mocking frameworks, etc.)
• Experience with Spring MVC, Struts 2 and Hibernate Frameworks
• Good knowledge of relational databases e.g. MySQL, SQLite
• Working knowledge of web servers, web application servers and deployment on Linux-based platforms.
• Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• EU Passport holder.
• Java (1.6+)
• HTML 5, CSS3
• Bootstrap, AngularJS
• Apache, Tomcat, node.js, Nginx
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB
• J2EE (Servlets, JSP, JSF, JSTL)
• Struts2, Spring, Hibernate ORM frameworks
• MVC design pattern
• Eclipse IDE
• Development experience on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux.
• Knowledge of messaging systems e.g. REST, message queues
• Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration and deployment.
• Practical experience managing and administrating MySQL databases.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs