|Date Posted||December 11, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
VakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen BV) is the leading online travel agency in The Netherlands where our customers experience an easier and more comfortable way of booking their holiday: www.vakantiediscounter.nl
We are looking for a Data Science Team Lead that will join our growing development department, where you will be working on high impact topics improving the customer's interaction on our platform. Topics include things like strengthening our package ranking algorithm, better ad spent methods, and help our customers find the best package deal. You will also be working on the development and operation of our data platform and creating actionable insights and analyses for your team and the business.
The Data Science Team is responsible for everything ranging from data retrieval and disclosure, data source quality control, supporting the internal customers of the resulting data asset, performing data analysis and exploration for insights and discovery up till the development of data products, and running these advanced data analytics techniques in production.
You will work in this multidisciplinary teams with other data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts. You will lead this team to create new processes, systems, tools, and capabilities in response to the needs of our internal and external customers and to optimize the manageability, flexibility, and utility of our data platforms.
What you'll do
- Mentor and coach technical team members and support them in their professional development.
- Establish a technological vision and work on realizing this vision with the team.
- Work on improving our analytics techniques, independently, and together with the team.
- Communicate complex ideas and analysis results to technical and business stakeholders.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and provide actionable insights to the marketing and product teams that drive business decisions.
- Spend one day every two weeks on investigating innovative ideas during our exploration day.
Your skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science or Data Engineering. Leadership experience is a big plus.
- You have a Master's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- You are proficient in programming Python, R, Scala, or Java, and have experience with visualization tools like Tableau, and GCP or AWS as infrastructure platform.
- You have a good understanding of and experience with machine learning models and advanced analytics techniques, such as linear regression and other GLMs, trees based models, neural networks, clustering, Monte Carlo simulations, and time-series models.
- You enjoy presenting your ideas and findings to stakeholders.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs