|Date Posted||December 19, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our team with a Front-end Engineer.
At MessageBird we provide a series of products and integrations for customers to use our platform. Whether it’s our extended online dashboard, our Developer Portal, our Help Center, or our beautifully crafted landing pages: we aim to use the latest front-end tech wherever possible, making it increasingly simple for our customers to reach anyone, anywhere in the world.
As a Front-end Engineer at MessageBird you will be working with talented and experienced colleagues to build great products. You will be using the tools you see fit to make our front-end products more robust and engaging and use your experience to propose better solutions and architectural improvements where you see fit.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Work on different aspects of our user facing products and websites, including our customer dashboard, messagebird.com, our Developer Portal and our Help Center.
- Keep our front-end code up to date using the latest best practices and tools.
- Work closely with a team of designers to make their designs come to life, and keep designs scalable and re-usable by keeping our shared component library up-to-date.
- Make sure our front-end code lives up to performance standards
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and libraries to benefit user experience, performance, and developer experience
- Work on products that thousands of people use everyday, sending millions of messages
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in a relevant role
- You’re comfortable working with modern APIs within web applications - most of our APIs are built with golang and PHP.
- Excellent debugging and investigative skills; you’re capable of finding the cause of an issue quickly
- You’re capable of writing modern HTML and CSS - we use JSX and CSS in JS for most projects.
- Firm understanding of how the browser works: you’re capable of explaining it to a 5 year old
- Experience with both automation and package management tools like npm, Webpack, Jest, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Intimate knowledge of Git
- You enjoy hacking things together to create a proof of concept, but you’re very critical of the code you push to production
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose headphones, etc.)
- We are a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter
- Weekly kickboxing and pilates classes on our rooftop
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie nights, etc.)
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4
- Forward-thinking, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries!
Work with us and build the data-driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs