|Date Posted||December 20, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Today we are living in an always-on, always-connected world. We will make sure our self-driving cars have a reliable cloud infrastructure enabling it to collect data, learn and update the vehicles. Also, it can provide the autonomous vehicle fleet with relevant real-time information like maps data or weather information. Our team empowers our fellow engineers with the hardware and OS software for training neural networks, running simulations and operating the fleet. You'll be building reliable and scalable distributed systems - hardware and software - which process large volumes of data and/or provide low latency and high availability. In addition to storing and processing large volumes of data, you will build infrastructure to communicate between the car and the cloud real-time. You will be designing, implementing, and operating infrastructure components: on-premise, in a data center, and in the public cloud.
As an infrastructure engineer in the Cloud Services team, you will design and implement large scale software & hardware systems for use-cases such as:
- Near-realtime monitoring and management of a self-driving car fleet
- Management and processing of large volumes of data
- Data processing pipelines and support functionality for various use cases such as Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Regression Testing, Fleet Management, Release Management, Build/CI
- Remote control with real-time sensor data streaming
- Regression testing and simulation
- We're looking for software developers, DevOps engineers, and infrastructure experts of varying levels of experience ranging from fresh graduates to industry veterans:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. Can be substituted by practical experience.
- Experience coding in a general purpose programming language such as Go, C++, Python, or other common languages.
- Expertise in one of the following fields: networking, server administration, configuration management, monitoring, site reliability.
- Interest to learn new tools, languages and automation technologies.
- Appreciation for industry best practices in software development around a DevOps & security mindset.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating large software & hardware systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes (orchestration), Ceph (software-defined storage), and public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus.
- Solid understanding of modern Linux-based operating systems and their resource allocation, network stack with IP routing, DNS, VLANs, switching topologies
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs