|Date Posted||February 10, 2020|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We are looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager (f/m/d) to join our Logistics team to help us creating a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be developing services and algorithms that connect riders and vendors to millions of customers every day. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
Workforce tribe in Logistics owns the riders' journey and experience from their recruitment and onboarding, planning their work hours, making deliveries and finally, getting paid for their hard work! We enable this by building tools for operations managers, recruiters and of course, the rider app itself which drives the whole experience and provides transparency at all times.
- Ability to build, inspire, and manage a full-time staff of software engineers.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, peer review and adherence to coding standards.
- Recognize and solve inefficiencies in our development process.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- Mentor engineers in skills development and help them develop and execute a personal career development plan.
- Plan process and technology improvement projects and influence other managers and delivery team leads to collaborate on execution.
- Meet regularly with team members to provide feedback on employee performance and coaching for difficult situations.
- Manage the mobile apps release process.
Your heroic skills:
- Experience in managing a team of engineers in an agile environment (3+ years of people management experience with a minimum of 4 direct reports).
- People management - communicating effectively, empowering people, showing empathy.
- Engineering excellence - a proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex non-trivial systems.
- Product focused - ability to internalize a product vision and motivate a team to work towards product goals.
- Execution - getting things done mentality. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. High prioritization skills.
- Multiple years of experience in Android and/or iOS development, including some years of hands-on technical leadership.
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and/or supporting software.
- Knowledge in client/server system architectures and APIs.
- You are familiar with architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM & MVI.
- Very proactive person who seeks and shares needed information.
- You are thrilled to have an impact and passionate about creating world-class products to inspire people.
- Enjoy software design, technical challenges, and problem-solving.
- You thrive in a cross-functional and diverse team environment that works on innovative, large-scale, and fun projects.
- You have a desire to work with and lead projects using Agile software development Passionate for the customer and for shipping quality software to them.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds, and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our in-house trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs