|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||February 18, 2020|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
We take pride in keeping Quizlet free for anyone to use. Free access is made possible by our growing base of power users (both students and teachers) who pay to subscribe to our premium features such as Night Theme for late night studiers or one of the best Offline Features to help practice and study everywhere. Quizlet Live has been favorite among teachers and their students. The Subscriptions Innovation team builds these premium features.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
What you'll do:
As an Android engineer on the Subscriptions Innovation team, you would work with a diverse team of professionals to create tailored experiences for Quizlet users. This includes discovering and analyzing user needs, brainstorming ideas, running experiments, designing engineering specifications, and implementing new & exciting features for our paid users. Quality is an essential part of Quizlet culture. You take pride in writing unit and instrumentation tests or manually testing new features to ensure the high quality of the product you’ve built.
As a part of the larger Android team, you will participate in technical discussions, knowledge sharing, help us evolve our codebase into a clean and well-architected masterpiece of design, extensibility, and testability. We write all the new features in Kotlin! Our app has 4.7 on Play Store. Did we mention the importance of learning? Everyone has a professional development budget they can spend on courses and conference attendance. Together, we will learn, code and shape the future of the Quizlet mobile app on our fastest growing platform.
- Integrate with the Google Billing library for a smooth and robust checkout experience.
- Design and implement local caching to enable offline studying.
- Implement Scan Document feature for easy content creation using OCR on a photo of study material.
- Experiment with our checkout flow to best communicate the value of Quizlet Subscriptions.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of Android experience developing in Java and/or Kotlin.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK: Fragments, Concurrency, Data storage, Architecture components.
- Desire to learn and help Quizlet users to study more efficiently.
- Experience with full mobile development lifecycle from idea to publishing.
- Experience with working on a team
- Experience with in-app purchases and Google Play.
- Experience with RxJava, Dependency Injection, Retrofit, MVVM, OrmLite/Room.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests using JUnit, Espresso, Robolectric.
- Previous teaching and/or mentoring experience.
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs