|Date Posted||May 7, 2017|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The CSC Agility Platform is a consolidated platform for hybrid cloud management, governance, and security across multiple heterogeneous public and private clouds. Powerful cloud management capabilities...and fast results. The CSC Agility Platform enables enterprises to adopt cloud-based IT operating models that increase business agility, speed application delivery, and lower costs.
Agility Platform's industry-leading policy-based cloud governance, security and lifecycle management capabilities accelerate the adoption of cloud services across the enterprise and deliver business critical applications safely into the cloud. Our Principal Java Developer will support this exciting work with a team of very talented colleagues.
- Designs, develops, and analyzes highly complex software programs for cloud based systems.
- Develop multi-tiered cloud blueprint connectors for PaaS solutions such as RedHat OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Azure PaaS, and the orchestration components used to integrate developed solutions.
- Integrate solutions into Linux and Microsoft operating systems providing automated system configuration and platform engineering adjustments as necessary.
- Automate solution development and deployment with orchestration products such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or other DevOps tools
- Configure and maintain cloud resources such as virtual load balancers and firewalls used in the production of enterprise blueprints.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other team members with changing priorities and ad-hoc requests.
- Adhere to best practices for code maintenance, package automation, automated build and quality assurance testing.
- Coordinate with Product Managers, Development Leads and Engineering Directors to ensure accurate time estimates and on-time deliverables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and passion for exceptional solutions development
- Enjoys critical thinking and problem solving
- Expert at Shell scripting in one of more of the following: Bash, Perl
- Deep experience level with one or more of the following: Java, C#, Python
- Expertise with private and public cloud engineering (VMware, OpenStack)
- Experience using Source Control (Subversion, GitHub) and Bug Tracking Systems (JIRA)
- Demonstrable skills building virtual machine images on private and public clouds
- Willingness and ability to handle requests outside of your core responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Build and Runtime automation experience using Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or similar orchestration products
- Experience with Jenkins or similar continuous build and integration frameworks
- Expertise for Agile development methodologies
- Familiar with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenStack API
- Knowledgeable of systems security best practices and how to apply them
- Performs highly complex systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide appropriate solution.
- Conducts investigations and tests of complex software systems to enhance performance or to investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Reviews completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of more complex projects.
- Recommends corrections in complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities on projects to provide required products or services.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with first level support.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Java, C# and other relevant code base
- 5+ years enterprise application platform development and deployment experience
- 3+ years of experience deploying multi-tiered applications across Windows and Linux systems
- 2+ years of networking, routing, load-balancing, firewall knowledge and experience
- 2+ years ESX, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V hypervisor experience
- 4+ years VMware virtualization experience
- 2+ years private and public cloud engineering (OpenStack, VMware vSphere, Amazon Web Services - AWS, Microsoft Hyper-V/Azure)
- 5+ years shell scripting in one or more of the following: BASH, Perl, Powershell
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with software design principles
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for one or more products
- Good leadership skills to mentor, oversee, and lead team members
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs