|Date Posted||May 7, 2017|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
The Data Science Team at XING in Hamburg or Barcelona has an open position for a
Dev Ops Engineer (m/f) for Data Science
Our Data Science team is responsible for turning data into services and products for XING. 18 Data scientists, architects and engineers work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve more than 14 million users. We work with the latest technologies in a highly international environment. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task:
- Manage and operate a large Hadoop cluster including data ingestion and interfacing with different components of the XING platform
- Implement services dealing with massive amounts of data and a high number of concurrent users
- Solve challenging problems related to infrastructure for search and recommender systems using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work on products that will be used by millions of users on a daily basis
A convincing background:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Professional experience with Hadoop (including Hive, Pig or Mahout) in a DevOps-related role; experience in Cassandra and Spark is a plus
- Very solid programming skills in Scala or Java and experience with configuration management and CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, chef)
- Excellent hands-on skills in handling large datasets
- Proficient English language skills (German is a plus)
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
Sound good to you? Apply now using our quick and easy online form! We're looking forward to hearing from you! Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
An inspiring environment
XING offers a dynamic environment located in the centre of Hamburg. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or tablet that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro.
We’re an open source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we’re doing (XING Devblog). Also we’re organizing public user groups and coding events, such as Cocoaheads Hamburg.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs