|Date Posted||June 4, 2017|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
The Data Team at Zalando Lounge assures that Lounge business users have the necessary data for business intelligence, analytics, and driving operational change within the business. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work on solutions that help maintain Zalando Lounge's data platform in peak form. We expect you to challenge our status quo, improve how we work, and deliver technological and process changes in support of business requirements. You will launch your own open source projects, contribute to others' projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand - while receiving meaningful support at every step.
- Design, implement, and manage innovative infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose and are reliable, performant, and secure
- Communicate effectively with others within your team, fellow members of Technology, and your wider stakeholder community within Zalando.
- Deliver infrastructure solutions and write code that your peers praise for elegance and provides them with examples of best practice which they can learn from.Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with micro services, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Taryn Bonugli ([email protected]).
What we are looking for
- Professional experience in SQL and at least one programming language: Python or Go.
- Experience with Data Warehouses, ETL, Kettle, Amazon Redshift, Postgres and AWS are added advantages
- Enthusiasm for Microservices architecture, automation, Big Data and distributed systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- A degree in computer science
Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Passion to Open Source and contribute to the community
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs