|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2017|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Product engineers only
Here at TransferWise we don’t hire coders who pick up tickets from a backlog and push code to production without considering value and impact.
We hire engineers that empathise with our customers problems, develop solutions and measure results. We’re proud of our engineering team - it's built an incredible product that’s changing the world. They operate autonomously within their teams, focussing relentlessly on our customers, there is no one telling you what to do. It’s your plan.
What you’ll be working on:
- TransferWise is complex under the hood, but we’re just getting started. With our own payment rails, there are lots of opportunities to build new products and services on them.
- At its core, our stack is Java microservices, using Netflix OSS offerings, and SPAs written in Angular 1/React, with a legacy Grails monolith. We are moving quickly to proven distributed technologies that can be scaled (Kafka, Zookeeper, Eureka, Bouncer + much more)
- More details: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
- We’re integrating with a variety of partners and providers across the world, so our customers can send money across borders with minimal fuss and maximum confidence.
- Back-end MVC Framework
- Java and Spring Boot preferred
- Experience developing in a modern front end framework, Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant.
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), and the desire to write tests.
- Passionate about technology, product and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- Experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate.
- Be a customer of TransferWise
TransferWise is an international money transfer startup with over 1 million customers worldwide. Co-founded by Skype’s first employee, the innovative platform is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Sir Richard Branson, and PayPal founder Max Levchin, and led by an experienced team, including Paypal’s former director of product and Google Europe’s former head of finance. We're disrupting the world of international money transfers with transparency and low fees.
This is a full-time position with our growing team in our beautiful new office in the area in Shoreditch. All of our full-time employees are eligible for our great benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation including salary, stock options, and company pension sheme
- Generous vacation policy, including an all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe
- Peace of mind with terrific medical care
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policy
- £600 personal development budget annually
- Many social events, including team lunches on Friday
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs