|Location||Redwood City, CA|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2017|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
ABOUT engineering @ Oportun
The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to delivering and maintaining performant, elegant, and intuitive systems to our business partners and retail customers. We provide the platform, technology services, and interfaces that have enabled Oportun to serve over 500,000 customers with over $2 billion in life-changing, responsible loans disbursed.
We work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure. We prove that FinTech is more fun, more challenging, and in our case, more rewarding as we build technology that changes our customers’ lives.
- Java/Software Engineer will work on our Servicing Team, as part of Oportun’s core Finance Engine team. This work is directly tied to maintaining the financial products we offer to our customers, as well as a billion-dollar company portfolio. High-visibility, high-influence.
- Responsible for creating and influencing innovative solutions that meet not only functional, but also performance, scalability and reliability requirements.
- Highly motivated self-starter who loves ownership and responsibility while working in a collaborative and interdependent team environment.
- Work with multiple teams of engineers to design, develop, and test major software and systems components using an agile, vertical-slice based methodology.
- Work with the product owner to create version plans, negotiate schedules and define user story acceptance criteria.
- Work with QA to ensure product meets high quality standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible Java/J2EE software engineering experience that includes the following:
- Delivering object-oriented systems using Linux, Spring, Hibernate.
- Building web services using REST and SOAP web services, database and data migration experience using MySQL and Oracle database software.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry, and with financial applications is a big plus.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or related.
- Experience with Groovy will be a strong plus.
- Experience with NoSQL Database like MongoDB will be a strong plus.
- Experience with Search technologies like Solr/Lucene
- Experience with IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE development tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans to US Latinos and others in order to build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to score and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding.But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs