|Location||Redwood City, CA|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2017|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
ABOUT Devops @ Oportun
The DevOps team @ Oportun is dedicated to automation. We automate anything and everything using Ansible and Python. We enable Engineering and IT, by providing tools and automation services to help manage a multitude of distinct environments. Using configuration management tools, we are responsible for all code from compile to deployment. We are constantly researching new tools and ways to improve our environments, always striving to optimize task completion time, improve service, reduce downtime, and increase overall system stability.
The DevOps team is constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies. We are using GIT for storing and managing code, Jenkins for compile and build generation, Ansible for deploying, ELK stack for log analysis, NewRelic for APM monitoring, and, AWS for our infrastructure.
We want to grow our DevOps team by adding an experienced and well-rounded engineer.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is comfortable with managing Linux systems as well as writing code. As a highly efficient team, the ideal candidate would be able to self-manage, taking a task either individually or as part of the team, and seeing it through to completion.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Someone who can learn our environments, configuration, and systems quickly
- Experience managing Linux systems
- Scripting experience, writing code in Python, Bash, or PERL
- Experience with a configuration management tool (bonus points for Ansible experience!)
- Experience with managing AWS via automation and a solid understanding of the different services AWS provides
- Flexibility and organizational capacity to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience with introducing new tools and supporting those tools with training and documentation.
- Comfortable using the Atlassian suite to track tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of overall experience in the DevOps space.
- Expert in some Configuration Management tool (Preferably Ansible)
- 2+ years Automation
- 2+ years Managing Cloud Infrastructure (Preferably on AWS) or 2+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years of Continuous Improvement/Continuous Deployment experience.
- Familiar with databases (MySQL)
- Familiar with coding against API’s
Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans to US Latinos and others in order to build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to score and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding.But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs