|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2017|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Keepsafe is transforming how people defend their privacy. Our flagship photo vault reflects our belief that protecting personal pictures, videos, and important documents on your phone should be simple and foolproof.
As identities become increasingly virtual, there’s a growing, urgent need for privacy. Keepsafe has a far-reaching vision for safeguarding people’s privacy today and tomorrow. This year, we’ll develop and launch multiple new products allowing people to save and share their data without sacrificing control.
Keepsafe is a four-year old, profitable, post-series A startup with over 60 million users globally on iOS and Android. Our founders are serial entrepreneurs from Germany who appreciate ambitious and independent thinking, precision, beautiful code, and above all else privacy!
It’s an exciting moment to join the Keepsafe team. We’re headquartered in commuter-friendly SOMA and recently opened an engineering office in Berlin. We’re looking for exceptional engineers to define and build the next generation of our consumer privacy mobile suite.
As an engineer at Keepsafe, you’ll serve millions of people who use our apps daily. You’ll have the opportunity to carry a lot of responsibility and have a direct impact on the company. You’ll work autonomously and design and own a significant part of our codebase. You’ll help the team scale, develop core pieces of infrastructure, and solve hard problems.
Our engineering team is at the forefront of security, smart encryption, key management, data transcoding, secure and fast cloud sync, and back-end custom analytics development for the future. You’ll collaborate directly with our product and design teams and work with your peers to make big decisions about how things get done.
Competitive salary, early equity, full benefits, daily catered lunches, beer on tap, monthly team-building activities, and commuter friendly office in SOMA.
- Great software engineering skills: code speaks stronger than degrees
- Experience developing for Android in particular
- Appetite for fast product iteration, shipping high quality apps
- Experience or interest in cryptography and security engineering
- Minimum of 1 year full-time work experience
Keepsafe is a rare cashflow positive startup and its suite of apps is the leader in content privacy with over 50 million users and counting. Keepsafe is a 10-person company including 5 engineers and 5 on the design and product side. Our office is located in SOMA, SF and easily accessible by BART and CalTrain. Keepsafe provides catered meals and snacks from local restaurants, along with frequent events, parties and excursions. Keepsafe offers full benefits, competitive salary and equity, along with flexible time off so you can enjoy life outside of work.
We will set you up with your ideal development environment to facilitate your best work and least frustration.
We are proud to have open sourced some of our work on our Github page. Some selected projects we're proud of are:
- aiohttp, a HTTP Client/Server for Python's asyncio
- ReLinker, a robust native library loader for Android
- TapTargetView, an implementation of tap targets from the Material Design guidelines for feature discovery
- dexcount-gradle-plugin, for showing dex method counts per app build
- android-resource-remover, for removing unused resources from your Android project
- MultiStateAnimation, Android library to create complex multi-state animations
- Switchboard, a mobile A/B testing framework
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs