|Date Posted||June 4, 2017|
Liberia - Employee Card Jobs
Purpose of the position
The Senior Software Developer (Full Stack) is responsible for developing and supporting projects, functions and completing specific client work, projects and miscellaneous tasks. This highly responsible position involves using established work procedures to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
What you’ll do
- Directs technical aspects of operations related to client accounts or high severity issues
- Participates in the evolution of company level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Defines objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Works closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Collaborates with product owners, technical architects and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based applications
- Provides thought-leadership as to emerging technologies and integrate them into business operations
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of solutions for upcoming projects
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of databases and SQL. Some exposure to NoSQL Databases ideal
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Fluent in English; additional knowledge of French strongly preferred
All employees at eHealth Africa are expected to be available for short-term deployments to / travel between our countries of operation in West Africa with sufficient prior notice.
Who we are
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
PASSION: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
HONESTY: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
GROWTH & LEARNING: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
OWNERSHIP: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Liberia - Employee Card Jobs