|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2017|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Oblong Industries is transforming the way people work, create, and collaborate with Mezzanine™, our radically innovative, immersive technology that is changing the face of computing. Mezzanine is the only product that truly enables rich, real time collaborative work between users situated in the same room or across distances.
Our Mezzanine team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with deep expertise that is demonstrated through a history of professional experience and contributions to well known open source projects. We are a small team that enjoys working together on one of the coolest technologies being built today. In this role, you’ll build richly interactive, real-time, multi-user, distributed systems and debug low level performance bottlenecks in a Linux stack. You will use your judgement to apply the right programming language and tools for the job at hand, produce clean code supported with extensive automation, and expand on your desire to find elegant solutions to hard, under specified problems.
- 3+ years experience delivering production-quality code
- Extensive record of open source contributions
- Proficiency in C++ development in a Linux environment
- Enthusiasm for implementing radical, new user interfaces or for building cutting-edge backend infrastructure
- Experience with test driven development
Plus, one or more of the following:
- Experience with real time interactive systems
- Mastery of C++ 11/14 and OpenGL
- Knowledge of reliable distributed systems concepts and architectures
- Knowledge of video rendering or streaming
- Experience with multi-platform development
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive compensation package of salary and stock options
- Fully funded medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited time off policy
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits
- Located in the Downtown Los Angeles Arts District
Oblong was founded in 2006 with the goal of creating the next generation of computing interfaces. We're a company of designers, programmers, and hardware engineers. We're committed to a full stack approach to technology development. We work on the most interesting problem we can think of, which is how to make computers more flexible, capable, useful, interactive, and empowering.
We very much like what we do and where we're going. Even as we build on thirty years of technology progress, we've also gone back to the beginning to re-ask some basic questions: about human-machine interface, about the way programs can be written and can run, about the very assumptions that digital systems need to make regarding the world they exist in. If you find such work fascinating and are incredibly good at what you (or we) do, there's an excellent chance you should be working with us.
Oblong is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, Oblong is very pleased to provide such assistance. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs