|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
France - Work Permit Jobs
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer to join Arm, and help shape the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation CPU that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
There is a design role within the Sophia Antipolis CPU team, which is focused on mainstream processors ranging from high-end cores to micro-controllers.
These components are used extensively in consumer devices such as mobile phones and tablets as well as in numerous other electronic products from sensors to servers.
Working in the CPU Group, you will be creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies. Our engineers create products providing world-class performance and low power.
You’ll immediately start working on real project tasks with help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that every engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field.
Would you like to work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment?
What would be your key responsibilities?
- You will create the specifications for the next generation of Arm’s CPU products, analyse the trade-offs between different options via modelling or RTL.
- You will develop the IP in RTL, work with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
- You will work in close relationship with the CPU modelling, verification and implementation teams.
Are you good fit for Arm?
Graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other science graduates will be considered with relevant experience
Essential skills include:
- An engineering mindset and passion for digital design
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of the Arm architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Exposure to verification techniques and test benches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Exposure or first working knowledge synthesis/floorplanning/power planning and place and route tools and techniques
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) France - Work Permit Jobs