|Date Posted||May 29, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The Lodging Data Insights team is looking for a passionate software design engineer to join our team committed to bringing real-time data-driven intelligence to our travelers and suppliers alike.
If you are passionate about building global high volume micro service applications for clients serving global customers, this is the job for you! We want a highly motivated full stack developer to join our team. In this role you will contribute to building end-to-end products, with special focus on leading, designing, and implementing real time applications and micro services. The team uses a wide variety of technologies, frameworks, and tools every day. We mainly code in Java, but there are some components written in Node.js and Scala as well as databases like Aurora, MongoDB etc. We are also heavily invested in AWS. So if you like writing clean code, want to try out different new technologies and work with people who love what they do? We would like to talk to you!
- You will write clean code
- You will identify design and coding problems, and bring in technology innovation to existing systems if needed.
- You will gather and implement technical requirements, such as automation tests, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- You will define development and test environments, including build, configuration, and deployment.
- You will support urgent live-site operations as needed.
- You will facilitate design review, code review, test review, and operation procedure review meetings.
- Write scalable code and the unit tests for Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- You will development in cloud and web page performance tuning.
- You will collaborate directly with geographically-distributed partners.
- You will actively participate and contribute to requirement discussions, UX reviews, technical design reviews.
- You will independently lead and implement projects, with focus on automation and OpEx, actively collaborating with resources both in and outside the team as needed.
- Java with knowledge of CPU and memory usage, debug real time multi-threading application and perform JVM tuning, deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, Domain Driven Design concept
- Strong database design and optimization skills would be a big bonus
- Experience with cloud development (AWS)
- Previous experience working experience in Agile development process
- Experience working with geographically distributed team.
- Strong business/product acumen, able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical business partners
- Customer focus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs