|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2019|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
We are Nexmo. An emerging leader in the $100b+ cloud communication and telecom markets. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our communications platform to connect with their customers. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
We are now looking for a talented VOIP developer to join our team, in this position, you will work on major real-time communications applications that are using some of the latest technologies
Some of the opportunities and challenges are listed below, we invite you to apply if you have an interest in the following;
- Challenging scaling and infrastructural requirements
- Opportunities to develop applications from an idea to Production
- Opportunities to engage and collaborate with Open Source communities
- Learn, and teach, inside a dynamic and motivated Engineering team
- Develop and maintain the components of the SIP infrastructure
- Ensure the SIP infrastructure meets the operational requirements
- Develop tools to monitor and analyse audio quality in the SIP infrastructure
- Assist in automation tasks (deployment, configuration, QA)
- Assess requirements and discuss and estimate design solutions
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with all the relevant areas
- Ensure the relevant source code repos are handled according to known good practices
Desired requirements for the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Wide knowledge of Real Time Communication protocols and technologies (SIP, SDP, RTP, SRTP)
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, networking and tools
- Experience developing and maintaining applications with real-time requirements (C, C++, Java, Python, Go are all desirable programming languages)
- Understanding of security and authentication standard methodologies
- Understanding of standard audio and video codecs, and common issues in media sessions
- Experience with large VoIP production environments
- Familiarity with Configuration Management and automation
- Familiarity with WebRTC technologies
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructures
Most weeks there is a new technical presentation by members of engineering on technology topics of the speaker’s choice, this is a great way to learn and also optionally contribute your own presentation.
Why Nexmo...our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs