|Date Posted||October 4, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional PLTs consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
As Principal Engineer, you will help pave the way for our engineering team to grow quickly as we look to rapidly expand our marketplace's capabilities, capacity, and resilience.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join to help continue building our energy jobs and services marketplace. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience developing scalable software in partnership with diverse engineering teams and every aspect of our business, from the C-Suite to those in their first job.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing and building software pragmatically and with an eye towards craftsmanship
- Becoming an expert in our marketplace domain
- Development and coaching of other Engineers
- Working with engineers and stakeholders across the company to understand business needs, strategy, and customer value
What you should have:
- Proven track record of successfully architecting and building secure, highly available, low latency systems
- Proven experience working in a product driven environment building and shipping frequently and with high quality 10+ years of experience building highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms
- A genuine appreciation and fascination with data, metrics, and monitoring
- Humility, curiosity, intellectual honesty, discipline, creativity
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO and work flexibility
- 401(k) with 4% match
- 75% tuition reimbursement on continuing education
- $2,000 annual vacation stipend starting on your 3rd anniversary
- Catered breakfast, daily lunch stipend, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular off-site activities, happy hours, and intramural sports leagues
- Office in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs