|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
What you'll do:
You will partner with Product Management and Product Design team members to deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our clients.
You will develop a strong understanding of the user story and how to best deliver the appropriate functionality, and you'll produce high quality code for the full technological stack, from database to UI and everything in between. Additionally, you will assist with troubleshooting basic issues and improving application performance by responding to specific problems and fixing defects. You'll document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Furthermore, you'll actively participate in SCRUM and Agile software process.
You'll leverage your technical skills by applying them towards the validation of product quality and writing test code, including unit tests and automated test cases. You will keep up with industry trends and innovations and apply knowledge to the existing codebase.
You will be expected to identify and escalate technical barriers, dependencies or risks in the planning and development process, and maintain a distinct value and quality mindset. You will manage your day to day priorities, time and commitments within your team setting while ensuring that technical standards and best practices are exercised.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
You’ll work with our Corporate Performance Analytics team in New York or New Jersey.
McKinsey fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. Our Corporate Performance Analytics team is helping to shift our model toward asset based consulting and is foundational to our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
Our Corporate Performance Analytics team (CPAnalytics) covers the entire corporate value chain to enable clients to analyze and manage the true sources of company value. Many client leaders struggle to measure, interpret, and manage their company’s true source of value. Corporate Performance Analytics is an integrated financial analytics solution while delivers strategy planning, performance management, and capability building tools. It combines a comprehensive database with McKinsey’s corporate finance valuation framework to help clients zoom in on the dimensions that create value for shareholders and the levers that drive their operating performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Broad experience across the following application development technologies and in-depth skills with at least one: Golang, Python or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google Experience in front-end frameworks such as Angular and/or React a plus
- Experience in container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, or application security
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and hands-on experience with Test Driven Development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Able to work under competing priorities and manage expectations effectively
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Able to manage own professional development and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs