|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to explore and develop. Many of these projects are either to deliver proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable products in exciting greenfield environments, while others are expanding current strategic platforms to integrate with one another in new, client-focused ways.
Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve. In short, we’re evolving, and we’re looking for some of the most talented engineers in the world to help us go further than ever before.
Why Goldman Sachs?
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- You will be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, “can do” mindsets and teamwork
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Forge strong relationships with our clients across all of our businesses, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes
- Develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new investment opportunities for our business partners
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented projects both at Goldman Sachs & more broadly in the financial services industry
Skills & Requirements
- Meaningful programming experience in, but not limited to, any one of the following - Java, Python, C++, or Scala
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Proven communication and interpersonal ability
- Must be comfortable working independently and taking full ownership of the back-end build during MVP stage of a new product
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a fast paced environment
- Experience building client- and consumer-facing products is a plus
- Knowledge of existing strategic firmwide platforms is a plus
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs