|Date Posted||October 6, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
We are a world class cyber-security company searching for experienced threat analysts and/or malware reverse engineers to build out our Anti-Malware Group. The ideal candidate loves to collaborate and win with a team, has hands-on experience on reversing malware, knows how to abstract program activities into models or signatures, has a broad working knowledge in the functioning of Operating Systems, Networking and Host Administration and understand the fundamental differences between legitimate and malicious activities, enjoys understanding computer security, next-generation attack detection, big-data anomaly detection, and modern types of attacks.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform in-depth reversing of malicious samples to identify potential improvement to our malware analysis and detection systems, in particular to help our engine team fighting evasions against dynamic analysis.
- Monitor the latest developments in the malware landscape by following different feeds (e.g. blogs, mailing lists) to make sure we cover the latest threats.
- Identify/extract/describe program behaviors, write behavioral models in order to detect generic malicious behaviors shared across multiple malware families.
- Monitor and review the results of our malware analysis and detection systems, specifically to determine the detection capabilities and resilience to false-detections of the newly developed malware behavior models.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in static malware reverse engineering
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, WinDBG, or OllyDbg
- Understanding of various program file-formats including PE (native, .net), Mach-O, VB, APK, Windows Script Files (VBS, JS, Powershell)
- Understanding of exploit techniques in document formats including PDF and Microsoft Office documents
- Good knowledge of Windows Internals
- Desire to work in a team towards a shared common goal
- Eagerness to learn
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS WILL ENHANCE AN APPLICATION:
- Industry experience in malware analysis, with a specific focus on evasive malware
- Development experience, Python in particular
- Familiarity with KVM/ESX virtualization technologies
- Understanding of kernel/ring0/rootkit analysis is a big plus
- Good knowledge of Mac OS Internals
- Experience with Linux systems (ideally Debian/Ubuntu)
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual who is self-motivated in their work and career. If this sounds like a match for you and what you are looking for, please apply. This position will be based out of one of our offices, Boston or Santa Barbara and will be determined based on candidates location.
We offer competitive salary packages with excellent benefits.
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in network cyber security. The team encompasses a range of expertise in network detection that goes from low level packet sniffing to network detection and threat intelligence. Members of the team share a common background and interest in the analysis of network traffic for the detection of security relevant activities and have a passion for this type of work. The team culture welcomes new ideas and experimentation- everybody is welcome to propose new approaches to improve the detection capabilities of the system.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs