|Date Posted||November 3, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
As a Full Stack Engineer in the Team Order Management, you will build the retail order engine that process contracts of hundreds of buyers with more than 2000+ suppliers. Your systems will ensure that 300000+ products are available at the right time and place to our customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Meet business needs while maintaining scalable architecture and keeping dependable consistency of business objects
- Own the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing, as well maintenance of our products
- Establish rock-solid operation of systems, meet ambitious SLAs and continuously improve the setup, to ensure that merchandise worth a billion euro a year can be ordered.
- Collaborate with other technology and business teams to ensure that our solutions are well integrated in the larger context of Zalando.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in dedicated Java (+Spring boot) projects or an active usage of Scala or Kotlin and SQL in your recent assignments while writing well-structured and tested code in the spirit of Clean Code that easily scales to Enterprise level
- 5+ years of experience dedicated in React
- Hands-on experience developing complex systems for complex business domains and enthusiasm for direct and frequent interaction with the users to optimize processes & code based upon new technologies
- Experience in RESTful API design, system architecture as well as building microservice-based systems, preferably in the cloud and in building event driven systems
- Comfortable to work with Play, Postgres, AWS and Kubernetes.
- A DevOps mindset, with experience with JPA/Slick/AWS/Kubernetes is s plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, click here.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs