|Date Posted||November 27, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
As a software engineer in the area of “Personalized Content Selection” you work in a data science-heavy area on personalizing the customer experience of Zalando’s Fashion Store.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Work in an agile, cross-functional and experienced team, consisting of engineers and data scientists who develop software in short release cycles
- Implement highly performant personalization solutions with technologies such as Scala, Spark, DynamoDB or Cassandra, Airflow which embed the algorithms to learn to pick the right content for each individual customer
- Contribute to the design of Zalando’s content personalization architecture and its alignment across teams
- Bring algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level and create highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience as a Scala developer with strong understanding of the JVM. NoSQL and SQL databases knowledge (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Advocating agile processes, operational excellence and coding best practices, such as clean code, readability and writing tests
- Eagerness to team up with engineering colleagues (e.g. pair programming), data scientists and data analysts
- Experience in building and operating microservices in a cloud environment (preferably AWS). Background of working with data engineering technology, e.g. Spark, Airflow is a plus
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs