|Date Posted||December 19, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
SRE Software Developer
at Vonage Atlanta, GA
Vonage Engineering Mission:
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
As a Site Reliability Software Developer you will build internal tools, advise on best practices, and deliver solutions that ensure uptime of our business communications platform. Any project which can enhance stability, performance, and visibility of production environments will be central to the role, as well automation around those tasks. All this will be done working on a DevOps scrum team with a mixture of experienced engineers and developers. Commonly you’ll also work with teams across the organization to help understand their challenges on delivering a large-scale, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems.
Technologies we often use:
- OpenSource products such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Numerous datastores such as MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Memcached.
- Amazon Web Services of all varieties like EC2/Lamba/ECS/EKS/RDS.
- Several monitoring solutions such as InfluxDB, Icinga, and forecasting models.
Experience we’d like to see:
- You have at least 3 years of software development experience.
- Strong Linux skills around administration and troubleshooting.
- Enjoyment in picking up new skills and technologies on a frequent basis.
- Ability to troubleshoot all layers of the stack.
- An engaging personality that enjoys working with all types of people.
- Architect and implement solutions that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency.
- Good understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles
Qualities about you that might make the decision easier:
- Experience in Agile software development methodology: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- A great recommendation from your previous employer.
- History of troubleshooting production systems in high pressure situations
- Some interesting side projects you do for fun
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs