|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a talented Trust&Safety Engineer to develop strategies and algorithms to detect undesirable content and activity.
The Trust&Safety team is part of the Security Segment, along with Product Security team, Infrastructure Security team and Information Risk Management team. The team looks to add friction to any fraudster or criminal that try to take advantage of our Users and attempt to steal their money or use N26 to shield their various criminal activities.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze reports and usage data to extract patterns of abuse, and develop strategies and algorithms for detection.
- Implement automated and hybrid workflows to mitigate detected abuse.
- Publish and analyze metrics indicating the level of abusive activity and trends.
- Work with product, engineering and support teams to integrate existing or new platform services, analyze gaps and identify new functionality for development.
- Serve as a domain expert and go-to resource on Trust & Safety.
What you need to be successful:
Background and skills:
- Experience developing and debugging in Python, Go or another programming language.
- Ability to work in a Linux command line environment - with a scripting interface like Bash, and with pattern matching and extraction tools like grep and awk.
- Knowledge and implementation experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Platform for abuse detection and prevention – spam, phishing, scraping, financial fraud scheme and user activity modeling.
- Machine Learning algorithms and their implementation – feature extraction, model building, training, and validation.
- Aggregation, scrubbing, filtering and analysis of large data sets.
- Log aggregation, data extraction and analysis with Elastic search.
- Data access and management with relational(MySQL, Postgres, Redshift) databases.
- Cloud-scale software and services on Cloud environments
- Excellent communication skills.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs