|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
As part of SumUp's Hardware team, you’ll be developing our state of the art payment terminals and point of sale systems. You will closely collaborate with our hardware, software product and infrastructure teams, building payment applications - the software running on the SumUp payment terminals. We are accountable for the quality, reliability and security of the transactions, making sure we are compliant with all payment protocols and certifications.
We’re looking for product minded engineer with a deep understanding of C programming and payment industry experience to work on an embedded payments platform that connects the point of sale hardware to the SumUp ecosystem.
What you’ll be doing in this position:
- Develop high quality and secure payment software for SumUp terminal
- Closely work with the embedded engineering team to integrate payment applications
- Collaborate with teammates to acquire payment and security certifications such as EMVCo, E2E, PCI PTS, etc.
You'll be a great fit for this position if you have:
- Experience developing in C programming language
- Prior experience working on EMV solutions, contact and contactless payments
- Knowledge of payment certifications like EMVCo and E2E
- Knowledge of payment security certifications like PCI PTS
Nice to have:
- Experience with embedded systems, developing low-level applications
- Experience working with embedded Linux/Unix platforms
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll be part of a welcoming and international community of 1500+ people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for breakfasts, cocktail nights, sports and office parties
- We offer visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- We have a budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- We run weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch
- You’ll attend semi-annual off-sites with the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo. In the past we've visited Bulgaria, Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, free German and yoga classes, subsidised gym membership, sports clubs and other benefits.
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can choose whether to include a CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile, github, tech blog or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs