|Date Posted||March 4, 2020|
Japan - Working visa Jobs
We are looking for a senior architect / tech lead who takes responsibility in architecture and dev-ops of data management services.
You will be joining a platform team who is responsible for a private Data Management Platform that bears the central role of Rakuten's digital advertising activities.
Our platform provides data management, segmentation and data integration functionalities upon more than 100M IDs of Rakuten ID and demographic data as well as enormous amount of e-commerce services data.
As the lead of engineer team, you will also have opportunities to involve in below:
- Projects with the most sophisticated technologies to meet high business goals.
- Collaboration with ad technology giants.
- Building service together with talented marketers and ad product managers.
- Closely working with remote subsidiaries in Singapore, India, Americas, China and so on.
- Work closely with product managers / business-side stakeholders to drive product road map which proactively fulfills business requirements taking lead role in high-level architecture of functionalities and becoming a trusted partner in technology decisions.
- Partner with program managers / delivery managers in prioritization and building technical road map of the data management platform , flexibly aligning with volatile business environment, social circumstances, and competitive situations.
- Lead, educate and manage productivity of software developers / data engineers in team in hands-on development of the platform.
- Take accountability in the platform's maintenance and stability in the ways such as keeping software / middle ware versions updated, optimizing integration architecture with internal and external surrounding systems etc.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organizational and cross-border teams to integrate with internal and external systems, platforms, and services.
- Be updated on emerging technologies and conduct independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Conduct proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision.
- Drive or participate in technology vendor discussions, evaluations, and selections.
- Participate in building excellent tech-team of architects and developers, including hiring, mentoring, coaching and evaluation.
- Cross country project working experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software development including solution or technical architecture experience.
- Advanced building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- 3+ years of experience in team management and organizational skills in a team of at least 3 members.
- Proved work experience in following software/tools:
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL such as Mysql and NoSQL databases such as Redis, Couchbase etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with system monitoring tools: Splunk, Kibana, Grafana, etc.
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing or advertising technologies - Ad server, RTB, DSP, SSP, DMP, Campaign Management, etc.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability.
- Proactive self-starter with self-motivated mind.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience.
- Consumer packaged goods or durable goods industry experience.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Being familiar with advanced data processing tools is a plus.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
English Requirement:Business Level
Japanese Requirement:Conversational Level
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Japan - Working visa Jobs