|Date Posted||March 15, 2020|
Rwanda - Work Visa
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to support the operations of our organization. The Enterprise Architect's responsibilities include improving the current IT infrastructure, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs. The Enterprise Architect is also responsible for cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing overall enterprise architecture models, representations, programs, capabilities, and components to adequately perform business and technology activities.
You will report to the Director of IT Operations.
The Enterprise Architect manages the three following responsibilities and acts as a backup and mentor for staff in those roles:
- System Administration
- Database Administration
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the transition of essential solutions between IT Development and IT Operations by ensuring the agile processes augur well for a smooth transition of the same
- Provide technical architectural guidance to tech teams regarding evolving requirements and technology trends
- Manage the infrastructural elements of essential operational solutions including databases and server infrastructure
Further to this you will be required to:
- Be a bridge between our IT Operations and IT Development departments
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Create business architecture models to reflect our strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals.
- Evaluate systems engineering, talent recruiting, and accounting models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities.
- Suggest ideas to reduce costs in IT and leadership.
- Organize training to improve employees' knowledge and skills.
- Conduct research in talent management to improve business operations.
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensure smooth operations, security, and support of the organization's goals.
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determine and implement build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall strategy.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for someone with 8+ year(s) of Information Technology (IT) work experience and ideally a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- One or more relevant professional certifications, such as:
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate)
- Docker, Azure DevOps, Azure DevOps
- AWS Certified Cloud Solutions Architect, Cisco CCNA- Cloud
- Prince2, PMP, Certified ScrumMaster, PMI-ACP
- 8+ years of experience managing enterprise customers as a system administrator
- 5+ years of experience managing SQL Server database environments that use replication between locations.
- Experience with DevOps and the importance of establishing continuous development, testing, and integration
- At least 1+ years of experience managing other IT professionals
- Strong educational background; B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant field.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning.
- Build teams and collaborating with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English. Working knowledge of French and Swahili will be an added advantage
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
In line with experience
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 5 weeks leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked social enterprise!
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; African country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Rwanda - Work Visa