|Date Posted||March 15, 2020|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
You will lead our engineering teams in the domain Buying Article Management. These systems ensure that all products are available at the right time and place in our shop by gathering all the information from our suppliers for every single article to providing those articles to our shop facing systems. More than 2000 suppliers use the system and it allows us to buy more than 600.000 articles per year and therefore spend an approximate 2-3bn. EUR per year.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You develop and execute the technical vision and architectural direction as well as be the sparring partner for Product to develop the product vision to ensure great product delivery
- You and your team have the ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- You collaborate with engineers, UX, product management and other teams to grow our business and provide the best experience for our customers.
- You ensure the delivery of high-quality software that solve the business problem at hand efficiently and that your peers can easily understand and maintain.
- You enable the growth of the engineers in your team and ensure a good collaboration
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering teams within an international, agile environment.
- 6+ years of professional experience in Java and/or Kotlin and relevant frameworks like Spring or Play.
- Hands on experience in system architecture and RESTful API design, as well as building microservice-based systems, preferably in the cloud (eg. AWS, Kubernetes).
- Experience with complex business systems such as ERP, PIM or Supply Chain Management - highly desirable.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, moderating team meetings and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, please click here.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs