|Date Posted||March 19, 2020|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
About the role:
Our Operations Team runs external, customer-facing systems as well as our internal IT infrastructure. It ensures that the server infrastructure is in place in order to provide a stable website performance and that all the necessary tools and equipment for our daily work are there and functioning properly.
As a System Administrator at InterNations, you will:
- be responsible for the administration of the server and network systems required for the operation of the InterNations website
- oversee the setup and monitoring of our servers, backups, and network connections
- implement patches and required changes across all relevant systems
- continuously work on improvements to the runtime environment of the InterNations website and suggest changes to the setup when required
- work in close collaboration with the DevOps Engineers in an international and intercultural team environment
You meet the following requirements:
- several years of experience in Linux-HA cluster and HAProxy administration
- experience with the administration of MariaDB, Debian, and MS server systems
- knowledge of backup principles and processes
- good understanding of firewall administration requirements (e.g. iptables, pfSense, FortiGate)
- able to set up network components both physically (i.e. installing devices) as well as logically (e.g. setting up a VPN or VLAN)
- fluent in both written and spoken English (German knowledge is a plus)
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs