|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2020|
New Zealand - Entrepreneur Work Visa
New Zealand - Startup Visa
Soul Machines is changing the face of human computer interaction, and we need more skilled engineers to join the team. We're a hugely diverse team of researchers, engineers, artists and more. With staff from all around the globe we welcome applications from anyone who believe they can add value.
Our product engineering team is looking for an experienced C++ Engineer to join us and build out our core platform. The person that we're looking for is well organised, self-motivated and passionate about delivering industry leading products. Work will include design and development of application prototypes and service integration tools, working with other members of the engineering and product teams to design and implement our platform.
We are looking for an engineer with experience in all major aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design through to unit testing and product maintenance. Good communications skills and a strong teamwork ethic are essential. An enthusiasm for new technology, rapid development projects and the willingness to get projects moving quickly is critical.
- Design, develop, modify, and test software programs
- Design, develop, modify, and test software
- Translate broadly defined technical specifications into detailed and accurate functional specifications.
- Estimate the time required to develop solutions.
- Undertake design activities to develop sustainable quality software.
- Develop applications to meet software coding standards.
- Write automated tests to ensure correct operation of software
- Work with QA resources to deliver results that match stakeholder expectations
- Actively engage in team processes and operation
- Work as a team and department to ensure we deliver solutions which match stakeholder requirements
- Optimise the utilisation of resources with a long term perspective
- Be open and communicative with team members about progress, ideas and what everyone is working on
- Mentor and share knowledge within the team and outside as appropriate and always be ready to learn from others
- Continuously help the team and wider group to improve processes and operations to deliver solutions
- Contribute to software infrastructure and processes
- Keep technical documentation synchronised and up-to-date.
- Help maintain tools and processes that improve quality and productivity of the whole team
- Ensure that skills and knowledge are kept up to date and as appropriate applied and shared with others
- 5+ years experience with C/C++, Object Oriented Design and Analysis
- Skills with scripting languages such as python
- Experienced with the whole Software Development Life Cycle and tools such as source control
- Proven skills with an IDE such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Apple Xcode
- Good experience across Windows, OSX, Linux
- Good verbal and written communication
- Automated software testing experience
- OpenGL / Game programming / Unity or Un-real experience
- Android and iOS app development experience
- Previous experience with software engineering related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Monthly massage
- Latest tools and tech
- Fresh fruit delivery
- Birthday day off
- Harbour views
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) New Zealand - Entrepreneur Work Visa
2) New Zealand - Startup Visa