|Date Posted||March 20, 2020|
Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer within the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative, you'll report into the team’s Engineering Manager. You will take product ideas around discoverability and acquisition of content and bring them to life. The mission for the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative on League of Legends is to "create immersive offerings of expression, commemoration, and delight to amplify player experiences in League". One strategy, among others, that we use to work towards this mission is through creating feature-rich content. But it doesn't stop there. We need players to discover and acquire this content at the first source of inspiration! This is where your expertise comes in.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for League of Legends you’ll contribute to the following areas depending on your interests and experience:
- Develop and test player content experiences in the League of Legends client
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design
- Design and enhance League microservices
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide support high availability for our products.
Insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, with 5 years in full stack development
- Experience in designing, launching & maintaining and supporting production UI or microservices with large user-bases or that exist as components of larger, more complex applications.
- Experience implementing best-practices in software design, code reviews, code linting and analysis, automated testing, continuous integration.
- Expertise in operational best-practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, automated-alerting
- As comfortable communicating in distributed teams as with people sitting right next to you.
- You will visit our Los Angeles HQ approximately two to four times a year for around four to five weeks in total.
- Experience with Java, Golang, node.js, or Python
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, Riak
- Experience with Docker, Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with Webpack, ES6, Dust, Ember, React, SASS
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs